Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - Ford Buy Back!
Thread: Ford Buy Back!
View Single Post
Old 12-31-2012, 02:47 AM   #133
erato
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 97294
What I Drive: 2012 Candy Red Ti Ecoboost estate

FF Reputation: 1 erato Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Reading these horror stories makes me wonder about the differences in car configurations and build quality between US and European Foci. The car have been selling like cupcakes in Norway for the last couple of years and there's been no reports of significant issues.

Granted, we don't have the MFT, and the automatic (I assume your DCT is equal to what we call the Powershift) is a much lower percentage of sales (we have the 6MT though), but issues like "clunking"; interior quality and the dozens of other pretty common complaints on this site haven't surfaced in Norwegian reviews and boards. Granted, we're a much smaller population, but still.....

Does anybody have any thoughs on this?

Edit: I can understand Ford offering other engine options (not wanting to import engines and not being geared up in North America to build the European engine models), but things like them not offering simple stuff like LED lights etc that are extremely popular (and useful) in Europe and seemingly much in demand here on the forum also seems headspinningly strange to me.