Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - so im shooting for 450whp in the future... how to get there?
View Single Post
Old 12-31-2012, 12:02 AM   #100
focusmaniaczx3
I need BOOOOST!!!!!!

Fan#: 55157
What I Drive: zx3 turbo, kia soul, 71 chevy c/10

FF Reputation: 35 focusmaniaczx3 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (14)
my question is this then: what on earth are the clutches in factory high horsepower cars made of that last for 70k+ miles? are they just larger diameter and thicker clutches or something? i just dont feel like changing the clutch more often than i change the brake pads. now granted if that is the tradeoff then i will deal with it. i know what i want and if that is what it takes then that is what it takes. i never planned on driving the car every single day at that point anyway. that is the reason i bought the SVT in the first place. SVT=daily driver and ZX3=weekend play-toy. however if it is going to be that much of a PITA then i might just get in touch with lentech about getting an ATX that will take the juice. its just a shame since i had so much work put into my MTX already. but i can sell my MTX and make back a pretty good chunk towards what i would spend on a lentech built ATX. i wonder what the longevity would be like with one of those? time to send an e-mail to pester those guys!

and if i like what i hear from lentech i may actually end up raising my power goal slightly. the only reason i wasnt shooting for the moon in the first place was because i was concerned about what i would have to do for a clutch. if i run an ATX im going to push it for every bit of power i can without putting myself in danger of breaking a crank. this car is simply going to be a weekend play toy that gets tracked and taken to dyno days ALOT and might get driven 50-100 miles every few weeks between events.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1turbofocus
I love this big little city HOOTERS !
Every time you drink a beer somewhere an ugly woman becomes beautiful, so get to it!