Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - Ford Buy Back!
Thread: Ford Buy Back!
View Single Post
Old 12-30-2012, 11:10 PM   #131
PratoN
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 88058
What I Drive: 2012 Kona Blue Ti Hatchback, DCT

Points 2,928, Level 33
Points: 2,928, Level: 33 Points: 2,928, Level: 33 Points: 2,928, Level: 33
Level Up 19% Completed
Level up: 19% Level up: 19% Level up: 19%
Forum Activity 5%
Activity: 5% Activity: 5% Activity: 5%
FF Reputation: 13 PratoN Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by whynotthinkwhynot View Post
Also, really, unless you've used the site resources here- our Ford Customer Service Rep- to no avail. Then there should be no complaining on this site.
Looks like I get to complain!

I know a lot of people mention the whole "A very small percentage of Focus owners have transmission issues..." and "They come on this site to complain, etc."

I have a friend that bought his Focus in May or June of 2011 (super-early build) and he's NOT a member on this site. He asked me if my car shakes/jerks when shifting gears...

The only other person I know with a 2012 Focus is a nice 50 year old lady in North Carolina. I told her I had the same car - do you know what she asked me? If my car's transmission shifts oddly.

Of course, I recommended they get the 12B37 updates if they hadn't already and that they have the dealer check for the oil leak when they go in. I was just putting this here to say that 100% (granted it's a small sample size) of the 2012 Focus owners I personally know brought up "weird shifting" questions to me and all I could tell them was that my car makes grinding noises and the dealer says it's normal.