Bwill9886
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 93444
What I Drive: 2013 Rallye Red Civic Si

FF Reputation: 2 Bwill9886 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (6)
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieRose View Post
Check out the CNET review of the WRX. They mention that the platform and the technology in the car are outdated. But they also say it's due for a total update in the next year or two, so you'd be wise to wait for the new version to come to market. Or if you like the current model, the resale value should drop a lot once the new version is put on sale.
I'm aware of the update. I just don't think it will look at good as the model years I referenced, nor do I think they will improve it enough to where it's worth waiting for. Unless they are finally planning on dropping the damn 5 speed I wouldn't wait on it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieRose View Post
I just added the Genesis 2.0T R-Spec to the list after seeing this video: http://youtu.be/o70fi2OLwLo

I know the Genesis tested in the video is the 3.8 liter monster, but the 2.0T has good power with better mileage and a lower price tag.
It's a nice car and I considered one briefly before going with the Focus.

My main complaint is that the engine is doggish in stock form. There is a guy on my local forum who has owned one for a while and that was his biggest complaint. Even with a reflash and bolt-ons I wouldn't say it makes very good numbers compared to other engines of it's type and size.

However, there is quite a bit of potential in that engine once you go bigger turbo, swapping out internals, and getting a proper tune...

Last edited by Bwill9886; 12-30-2012 at 07:27 PM.