Focus Fanatics - View Single Post - 2013 engine "click click whir" (engine not running)
View Single Post
Old 12-30-2012, 05:30 PM   #166
suss6052
Focus Addict

Fan#: 95752
What I Drive: 2013 Ford Focus ST2 Ingot Silver

FF Reputation: 23 suss6052 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Paw View Post
Unless you spend approx. $30,000 on a new car and park it in your garage and listen to this noise for 3 minutes several times per day AND you didn't intend to even drive it that day, then please don't criticize others. How many times do you open a door to just wash or vacuum the car. Well then every time you do so, the noise starts all over again. I guess the transmission needs to be awake while the car gets washed. No wonder the Japanese, Koreans, Germans, etc are building better cars, their engineers know how to design a car. Maybe Ford should have taken the bailout money, they could have hired engineers who know what they are doing.
How is the car supposed to know you you don't intend to drive it each time you open the door? That's a stupid statement, the car can't tell the difference, and it isn't hurting anything at this point in time, except for your fragile nerves.

If you don't intend to drive the car then simply remove the battery connections and leave it as a $30,000 statute if the car bothers you that much as a car. Or you could have bought a dull as dishwater corolla, or a Civic.

It doesn't sound like my car makes this noise as far as I know, but it does make other sounds and sights after opening the door if I don't start it right away. The gauges start to move in preparation for the car to start, but this is normal and expected. The car is basically designed to not allow it to drain the battery unnecessarily for the most part.

It sounds like you enjoy complaining so here's a how to :

How to complain