Focus Fanatics - View Single Post - Trade-in Value? Looking to trade this week -- Fully loaded Titanium
View Single Post
Old 12-30-2012, 09:54 AM   #61
imccrea
FF Affiliate

Fan#: 85212
What I Drive: 2013 Ford Focus hatch SGM

FF Reputation: 6 imccrea Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by e30og View Post
No its all on Ford. On the one hand, Ford did scurry to throw together DCT updates and fixes, as well as improving MFT in updates. The cars are under warranty so work is done. And until they figure solid fixes for the cars, dealers really have no way to fix the broken cars, so time is wasted waiting for a solution. With that being said, Ford should be rolling out the red carpet for defective DCT owners and frustrated MFT users. Free rentals while the cars are in the shop, buy back really terrible cases or offer future incentives, I mean there are endless ways to solve the problem and even possibly try to retain the business. As for MFT owners the red carpet treatment would be free maps for life, future cashback on MFT, free accessories, service discounts, I mean SOMETHING. How many people are going to walk away from Ford because of these issues and LOUSY service, despite such big strides in their cars? Its stupid and it further feeds the "Found On the Road Dead" impression so many people have with Ford

Toyota just settled a billion dollar payout to owners (actually most of it is legal expenses associated with) because of complaints that their cars lost value due to the unintended acceleration fiasco (which NASA engineers proved to be bullcrap, mind you). That is extreme and pretty unfair to Toyota, however most car companies dont have anywhere near that kind of respect for their customers, definitely including Ford, and Ford will NEVER build a good reputation unless they practice that kind of respect. Hyundai had to start offering 10 year/100k warranties, and that was ONE of the major factors that brought them up from dogsiht Honda knockoff to serious competition
Not like Ford is paying customers to keep quiet, just saying.

http://articles.latimes.com/2010/oct...-suit-20101029
Ira McCrea
Phone: 970-667-2220
E-mail: iram@loveford.com