Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - Official Head Unit(Deck) Gallery
View Single Post
Old 12-30-2012, 01:38 AM   #130
2wheeladict
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 69029
What I Drive: 2005 focus zx4, 2003 cbr f4i

FF Reputation: 8 2wheeladict Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
kenwood
KDC-BT948HD
249.99 at bestbuy
rating: 2 out of 10

glad to see nobody so far got screwed with this crap. actually its the whole kenwood brand of head units that have let me down along with best buy's customer service. first kenwood hu i bought was about 180$ i think, within about 6 months had a loose faceplate and would turn the whole display off (still playing music) then bring the welcome screen back and act like it was just turned on any time i would press a button. took it back to BB, showed the install bay it was crap and they decided to send it out for repair. called me three weeks later telling me it was back at the store and ready for pickup. get to the store and they say nothing was wrong and i owe them 38$ for shipping. i flipped my shit and they waved the fee, told me to show the install guy again that it was still broken and come back. did just that, install guy was astounded the repair facility found nothing wrong. go back to customer service where they tell me they have to send it out again. flipped my shit more and got them to refund me all but my extended warrenty which was fine by me. upgraded to the hu i have now, paid extra on top of my refund and bought another extended warrenty. another 6 months and the SAME problem on a different hu and higher model. took it back and they said they had to send the new one out for repair. flipped my shit and the manager told me its out of his control, only to find out after calling corpo that it was his disgretion to send it out or refund me. this time they replaced the faceplate and ive had no problems for a few months, but im forever turned off of kenwood and bestbuy. ill never go back to either. the sad thing is, other than this problem the hu works great.

anyway, heres a few pics, the iphone case if anyone is wondering is a rokform rokbed v3 with the car mount. 24$ on amazon and i LOVE the placement. for quick fb or instagram checks, to speedometer apps, to gps its perfect.