Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - Need help with ZTS master cylinder.
View Single Post
Old 12-30-2012, 12:55 AM   #1
**Semper_Ford**
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 107862
What I Drive: 2000 Midnight Blue ZTS

FF Reputation: 1 **Semper_Ford** Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Question Need help with ZTS master cylinder.

Hello everyone, I apologize for my noobishness but I've tried to do research and talking to other people doesn't help so I thought I would turn to here. My wife and I own a 2000 ZTS, great car has taken us across from east coast to west coast without a hiccup. Anyways, I'm wondering about the brake master cylinder. I've come to the conclusion that I don't have IVD because I've read that I need rear disk brakes and I only have drum brakes and when I turn on the car I don't see an ABS light so I don't think it has ABS either. So when I narrow down these options and I look up the part without these options it has the reservoir floating above the master cylinder attached yet I think my master cylinder is below the fuse box and the reservoir is disconnected up towards the top of the fire wall. Why is this? I don't think other focuses are like this. Also, am I right in saying I don't have ABS or IVD because I have a wire to what appears to be a sensor running to each wheel. Any help or enlightenment would be greatly appreciated. Happy New Year everyone!