View Single Post
Old 12-29-2012, 05:21 PM   #30
ElectricAL
Focus Addict

Fan#: 71376
What I Drive: 2005 Silver ST

FF Reputation: 2 ElectricAL Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
I haven't driven the new ST yet and I probably won't. For me, it's not ever going to be very practical as a daily driver. When it snows (like it does here sometimes) several inches I have to go out and drive in it. My '05 with snow tires in nothing but fun for me. I pass 4x4s that are having problems getting traction. They probably wonder if my car is AWD. I used to be looking at getting something more sporty than my car... now I look at getting a Tacoma or the like because my practical side is winning.

I mountain bike A LOT (one of my bikes has studded tires and I take it up and down frozen creeks and lakes just to give you some idea) and that's why I want a pickup (which I would equip with an extra set of wheels and tires for winter by the way). But even if I didn't have "pickup" on my brain, I just can't see the new ST as being a practical 4 season DD. Too low.

For people that do drive one though (and hopefully you have a second vehicle for winter if you live in a winter climate), good choice. For what it's supposed to do, I think it does it well... from what I've gathered, anyways. The complaints seem to be minor (though there's always room for improvement, right?) Enjoy your ST. I still enjoy mine.