suss6052
Focus Addict

Fan#: 95752
What I Drive: 2013 Ford Focus ST2 Ingot Silver

FF Reputation: 23 suss6052 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyby1 View Post
Just wanted to hop on this thread for a bit. I'm still new to Ford's and Focus's, having just purchased a 2013 SE hatch. But yea, these wagons are just fantastic.

My questions are, in terms of size, labeling and the comparison between this European wagon and my North American hatch? Is everything the exact same with just a bit larger rear/hatch space?

Or is there more passenger room, whether in front or back row?

In the US, we consider the Focus to be a "compact" car. Is it still a "compact"...that happens to be a bit longer?

Furthermore, are the popular and pricier Euro wagons such as the VW, Volvo, Audi, Benz, BMW, etc. (whether available in US or not) actually bigger than the Focus Wagon? Are they considered to be "full size" wagons?
The wagon has the exact same wheel base as the sedan and hatch, the wagon is about 0.6" longer than the Sedan, and over 7.5" longer than the hatch, all of that room is behind the rear passenger seats.

The current focus Estate has more rear cargo volume than the Kuga/ Escape, or at the very least the previous version of the Kuga which we never got here, but was within an inch in dimension to the US Escape at the time.