Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - 2004 SVT performance suggestions
View Single Post
Old 12-28-2012, 09:07 AM   #47
StephenElsbree1986
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 104271
What I Drive: CD Silver 2003 SVT

Points 1,087, Level 17
Points: 1,087, Level: 17 Points: 1,087, Level: 17 Points: 1,087, Level: 17
Level Up 87% Completed
Level up: 87% Level up: 87% Level up: 87%
Forum Activity 1%
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%
FF Reputation: 1 StephenElsbree1986 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
My guy is a Fox guy<So was I NMRA True Street> Guess this is why I am stuck on the NA Foci. Well you just have to get the Short Running Manifold to support your higher RPM curve, cam's would be the hardest. In the fox world you can get custom ground for 150. But you'd want about .500 IIRC for the higher rev band I don't know what you want degree wise, depends on what else you go with. You wont get much help here honestly on how to built a NA race SVT, no one really knows. Alot of people talk about it but give up. Just getting help here with cam gears, 90% of the pop say they're useless because we have VCT but the VCT doesn't control Exhaust Cam, I need to advance or retard it correctly. But if you're looking for people that done it, Tom has broke NA 230 HP with race gas, and he think I wont be able to reach 200 but 185-190, I'm okay with that though
Quote:
Originally Posted by AJ_ST170 View Post
yeah Race type will be fine..

My engineers are ready to gas flow the head as soon as I deliver it.

I have a friend that is going to make me a custom set of valves with the metal and spec of my choice. (would love spec details if any one has) ???

I would like to save the cost of buying cams but cutting the original cams and putting vernier pulleys. (would love a high reving/quicker-acceleration spec details) ???

On the bottom end, I plan to just do a lil mod: knife edge the crank, with cross porting and balancing.

This car isn't well supported in SA and everyone that you take it too wants to slap you with a bill year they not 100% on there plans...so I am going to do this on my own with the advice for you guys with experience.