Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - Did anyone notice more shift flares after update?
View Single Post
Old 12-28-2012, 12:00 AM   #22
Arco-Zakus
Focus Addict

Fan#: 101658
What I Drive: 2014 SGM SE Sport Pkg Sedan 5sp-man

Points 650, Level 12
Points: 650, Level: 12 Points: 650, Level: 12 Points: 650, Level: 12
Level Up 50% Completed
Level up: 50% Level up: 50% Level up: 50%
Forum Activity 7%
Activity: 7% Activity: 7% Activity: 7%
FF Reputation: 10 Arco-Zakus Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drew'sFoci View Post
... And i love to be involved when driving
I'm curious why you would not have just bought it with the manual transmission then?

I don't have the "flare" problem with the DCT because I have not bought one yet. I'd like to, but I'm forcing myself to be patient until Ford can demonstrate that they know what they're doing by making it right. Giving customers an update that made it worse rather than better doesn't show me that.

I guess if they do get it right it could be better than a human-shifted manual trans while also having better fuel efficiency than a conventional (torque converter) automatic, but I don't know if I could ever trust it given the grief it has caused so many people. If I run out of patience before they get it right I'll either buy a Focus with a manual or something like a Mazda3 with a conventional automatic. Thanks to all the Focus owners who are enduring these "early production issues" so Ford can fix them. I hope for all our sakes they do.