Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - DCT / PowerShift Transmission Update TSB Thread
View Single Post
Old 12-27-2012, 08:08 PM   #1717
Gary_C
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 95312
What I Drive: 2012 White Platinum Focus Hatch

FF Reputation: 1 Gary_C Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
So i met with the Mechanic today and drove him in my car. All this was set up by Allison the regional manager. I went through the motions and demonstrated the shuddering to the mechanic and he told me it was normal. i said it didn't act this way when it was new and why does it not act this way when it is cold, only warm and on flat surfaces.
Again i was told this is normal. so we drove around a little while and when i went to park, the car rolled forward when i took my foot from the brake to the gas almost creaming a customers new car, so i rushed to press on the gas and not hit the car, and almost hit the car behind me. the mechanic said this is normal. So i tried to replicate it again and the damn thing would not roll away. the mechanic said this is normal for it to act different ways at different times due to the adaptive learning. So i said if it acts different all the time, and i feel it is hazardous to drive because it changes all the time, how can he say it is normal? DO you need to drive this thing with 2 feet? clearly not an acceptable practice and if done during a test you will fail your driving test.
Lets get back to the shudder.. after some lenghty conversation the mechanic blamed the EPA stating that Ford could fix the programing to solve all the problems but their hands are tied by the EPA. they can only push a re flash out if it is approved by the epa and the FIX is not approved, so the blame now falls on them. Where do i stand? good question. the dealer made some phone call and will try to hook me up with a factory engineer to test drive with me but that may take a while i am told. Mean while, the trans shudders and shakes and i am told this is normal, and some blame was also given to the salesman who should have told me that the car is not an automatic transmision, it is a manual trans with an automatic clutch. I was told by the mechanic it is the same as the old VW beatle that you shift without a clutch. I was fed so much BS today i started to get dizzy.