Focus Fanatics - View Single Post - please help ford focus lx 2000 will not start or turn over. guages and lights radio and all works
View Single Post
Old 12-27-2012, 07:16 PM   #14
fsu67
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 107780
What I Drive: 2002 zx5

FF Reputation: 1 fsu67 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by tainamalani View Post
I bought a car off craigslist . i know shame on me. but I did and it worked and I parked it for a sec went back and it would not start. It had had a little bit if trouble starting for a second when I got it bit then it worked and the key is very hard to get out of the ignition. But any way I tried and tried to start it and the gauges worked and radio the lights were bright and normal and the car just wouldn't make noise or anything i meaj there was a very small hum when trying to start it but that was it . I need help what is the problem.

Check your power hold relay its in the fuse box in engine compartment next to the air filter, Have someone crank the engine over and over and tap the relay or just hit the fuse box and it should crank over! relay cost about $13 at parts store, I've repaired lots of focus with the same problem also goes with every other electrical problem the focus has just slap the fuse box! Ford relays stink!