lildisco
RespectMyAuthoritah!

Fan#: 5761
What I Drive: 06 Mazda6i, 08 Mazda CX7 GT AWD

FF Reputation: 47 lildisco Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (8)
Quote:
Originally Posted by canadianlarry View Post
You drive a Mazda so I would expect you to be blind to it's faults. Dealer maintained is dealer maintained in case you can't read. All scheduled maintenance and all repairs done when needed. The pcv valve was not the problem with oil consumption. They couldn't explain it and said it was normal. If you personally haven't heard of a problem then it mustn't exist. The remotes on the CX-5 work as they should, just stupidly. We aren't talking about all the Mazdas you know that AREN'T CX-5s that work nicely.

I didn't compare fuel consumption between a car and truck. My original point was that with similar horsepower ( 155 and 160 ) a heavier Mazda CX-5 is obviously underpowered based on power to weight compared to the Focus.

The Focus has become a much more premium car in the latest version and wins a fair bit of praise. Enjoy your Mazda. Every make of car has its fans. Even the not so great ones. My sister loves hers, so there you go.
Dealer maintained doesn't mean crap if it's beat to crap. Just because someone takes it to the dealer for scheduled maintenance doesn't mean it's had preventative maintenance done.

I never said anything about PCV valve, just the smoking & excess oil consumption was on the TURBO'D 2.3L, NOT the n/a 2.3.

I would say personally i haven't heard of the problem as i'm on many mazda forums and personally know over 20 people with different mazda's and NONE of them have said they had issue's with oil consumption & burning oil. Mine Mazda 6i with the 2.3L included.

Ford got a lot of their technology, including their remote entry system, from Mazda. They have tweaked it over the years, but it's basically the same. I was stating to you that i've driven a Mazda with remote start and the remote start fob will unlock the doors. It's in the manual. The CX5 i rode in had a keyless entry system with a little button on the door handle that was easily pushed to gain entry to the car w/o having to take the key out. What you're saying doesn't make sense, but it would hurt for YOU to read the owners manual since YOU have such a problem understanding how technology works.

I never said you compared the mpg's of a CX5 to a truck. I said you compared a CX5 to a focus, which are in 2 completely different classes and isn't fair to either as a CUV is different from an ecnobox. Mazda listens to it's customers and will make improvements over the next for model years.

The price of the focus has jumped considerably over the years, so i would imagine that both quality and technology has increased with the price. I'm fan of both the Ford and Mazda, so i don't really see what your point is. But all cars will be lemons if they aren't properly maintained, dealer or no dealer.

03 SE SVT Wannabe (sold) to help pay for my 08 Cooper Red Mazda CX7 AWD GT