Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - This is the worst car ive ever driven in snow
View Single Post
Old 12-27-2012, 03:29 PM   #42
Rogerschro
Focus Addict

Fan#: 90661
What I Drive: '12 FFE Frosted Glass

Points 890, Level 15
Points: 890, Level: 15 Points: 890, Level: 15 Points: 890, Level: 15
Level Up 90% Completed
Level up: 90% Level up: 90% Level up: 90%
Forum Activity 1%
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%
FF Reputation: 3 Rogerschro Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
This is the first year for me on snow with this car. Very wet snow with an underlay of slush/ice. at first it did activate the tcs and abs getting rolling but after that was ok. In the parking lot behind my place it started acting up again. I have a very steep ramp with no way to get a rolling start up it and there was no way the car was going to go, the tcs was kicking in and robbing all the power. I turned off the traction control and the tires spun but the car did get up the ramp. This was with the stock 17" tires and DCT. I was impressed it made it up. My old 4x4 ranger with new tires wouldn't go up this incline without the 4x4 being engaged so for the Focus to be able to says a lot. Every car needs to be driven a bit in all the different conditions to find out it's limits and how to work with what you have. After that you will know how good or bad it is. At first blush, I thought the car was pretty bad in the snow but after getting to know it's quirks I think it is fine and better than some I've owned.