Moderator OF DOOM

Fan#: 66026
What I Drive: '06 WRX Wagon 285whp/292wtq

FF Reputation: 8 ViperThreat Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by AJ_ST170 View Post
Thanks turbosvtfocus04 and Puke

Okay so its confirmed that the ST170 (uk) is the SVT (usa) but i would still like to know if the ZX3 is the same car, interms of engine and transmission...

I have a 63mm exhausted done and the car sound and responds very nicely.

I have also turned the original air feed pipe upside down and it fits behind the grill. Notice better response at top end.

I cannot launch the car even with the traction control off!!!! Need Kill switch Diagram

If i rev past 7000rpm and change it holds the clutch!!!!! Lost a few races because of this.

Help Please?

zx3 simply means "2 door hatch", you can get a zx3 with a multitude of different engines. Example:

zx3 zetec
zx3 svt/st170
zx3 duratec 2.0
zx3 duratec 2.3

zx5 stands for "4 door hatch", but comes with all of the same engines as the zx3.

The SVT/ST170 engine is very similar to the zetec engine, but there are some changes that make it to where you have to buy svt/st170 specific parts for most of the mods you do.

Regarding building power with the SVT/ST170 engine, most n/a mods are very expensive and do not build alot of power. I highly recommend looking for a supercharger or turbo setup if you really want bang for your buck. Im not sure what laws are on the other side of the atlantic, but you are better suited going for boost than with trying to build N/A.

good luck!

"Ford Focus ST - the official car of message-board circle-jerks"
-Regular Car Reviews