Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - Wheel hop!
Thread: Wheel hop!
View Single Post
Old 12-27-2012, 01:18 PM   #19
Brabs_Weather
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 93741
What I Drive: 04 Ex Ltd, 08 Edge Ltd, 12 FF Ti

FF Reputation: 2 Brabs_Weather Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mac.mogul View Post
I'm going to keep arguing because I know I'm right. Engine mounts might seem to help in situations where FWD passenger cars are concerned as the factory mounts are SO soft, but it has nothing to do with what actually causes wheel hop. When the suspension parts are stressed beyond their capability under hard acceleration and deceleration, wheel hop happens. That is 100% fact and simply adding a stiffer motor mount won't solve anything.

If you've got C5 Corvette and the rear end hops around like a bunny rabbit with its head on fire, It isn't because you've got soft motor mounts...
I have wheel hop and the only thing that cured it in my other FWD car was to eliminate any toe change on acceleration. Buy changing all the stock rubber bushings with better ones. Shocks that do not dampen well will perpetuate the wheel hop but is not the cause. Wheel hop is more your suspension but not 100% but really close.
Borla Exhaust with UltraQuiet resonator
K&N X-4870. Steeda RSB