Focus Fanatics - View Single Post - This is the worst car ive ever driven in snow
View Single Post
Old 12-27-2012, 11:13 AM   #33
Merrigan
Focus Addict

Fan#: 104581
What I Drive: 2013 Black SE Hatch

FF Reputation: 2 Merrigan Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
I feel the need to make a Toronto driver joke...

But seriously. I've had my mk3 since the first week of October and there has been snow and ice one the ground since mid October. Mine is one of the best cars I've driven in the snow. Right behind my old Taurus but that thing was a tank. I've only turned the traction control off once because it was getting in the way. I think you might be a little heavy footed? My girlfriend was having issues at first with the car in the snow. But she was used to our old car where you had to put it to the floor just to get the sucker to move. If you're driving a mt you should gear up a little quicker once you get moving. It'll keep the tires from spinning and the traction control from kicking in. It's worked fine for me that way. And if none of that works then maybe you need to get some better rubber.

Edit: I see you drove a Sunfire before this car. So did I up until the engine quit in September. This car is way better than that was with all season on in the snow. Just my two cents