Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - New install
Thread: New install
View Single Post
Old 12-27-2012, 11:40 AM   #1
jackmt
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 106592
What I Drive: 2004 Black Ford Focus Edge

FF Reputation: 1 jackmt Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
New install

got a couple of questions for people... im about to start an install of Alpine SPR60C components, an alpine CDE 131R and a Hertz HE4 amp.
just need to buy a wiring kit - im looking at a 4guage, im guessing this would be sufficient. I'v got some vouchers for halfrauds so i planned on buying the 4 gauge vibe wiring kit (bad idea? or doesnt really make a difference?).
im yet to decide whether to route the power cable under the wheel arch and through the passenger door or through the grommet by the bonnet hinge. after reading around i think under the arch seems safest but more of a ball ache.

i plan to leave the rear speakers as they are, so should i leave the existing speaker cable in place?... i will only need to re-wire the front new components.

one final thing... is it possible to fix the Hertz amp under the passenger seat as i dont plan to fit a sub so need to wire to the boot. under the seat just seems the easiest place.

thanks in advance