Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - This is the worst car ive ever driven in snow
View Single Post
Old 12-27-2012, 09:13 AM   #24
tdo
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 2591
What I Drive: '13 Focus Sedan TI Performance Blue

Points 375, Level 7
Points: 375, Level: 7 Points: 375, Level: 7 Points: 375, Level: 7
Level Up 50% Completed
Level up: 50% Level up: 50% Level up: 50%
Forum Activity 1%
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%
FF Reputation: 2 tdo Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doctor Drew View Post
Ehh, it wasn't terribly hairy. I've had much worse experiences driving in Kalamazoo when a normal snow is pretty much 10-12 inches.

Here's a bonus picture of my father getting his 5.0 stuck in his driveway. He made it all the way from Detroit only to get fouled by a slight incline. The guy is nuts.
Snow tires are a Godsend, especially for RWD. I used to drive a Terminator all year in Mid-Michigan. Had some skinny Blizzaks and I could go and stop really well. Just had to turn off the traction control when going up the incline into the parking ramp or I was dead in the water.

I have Firestone snows (I got used, nearly new, with rims, cheap) for the 2002 Focus wagon we drive. Not as good as the Blizzaks, but passable. Even with these, it can get a bit funky out there on packed snow and ice. Can't go crazy.

Just bought some 15" Taurus wheels to put the snow tires on this coming fall for the new Focus (sitting in the driveway until April).