Focus Fanatics - View Single Post - Ford dealt class-action lawsuit over C-Max, Fusion hybrid mileage claims
View Single Post
Old 12-27-2012, 06:50 AM   #2
JayDeZ
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 97919
What I Drive: 2012 SEL Hatch

FF Reputation: 3 JayDeZ Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
This all started because Consumer Reports couldn't get the advertised mileage. The EPA rated mileage is in PERFECT conditions with 100% gasoline, no hills, no AC, etc.

Consumer Reposts is here in CT. They are in a very hilly part of the state (which is most of the state). By the time they got either of these cars we had switched to winter gasoline which is 10% Ethanol year round anyway, but the winter blend takes another 3-4 MPG off your mileage. (I lost 4 this year. I went from 34 MPG to 30 MPG).

Also, I know consumer reports isn't going the 50 MPH highway speed the EPA tests at. NO ONE in CT goes that slow unless they are stuck in traffic. The average speed on I-91 is well over 70 MPH and I-84 is over 65.

Everyone is making a big deal about this. It is not a big deal and people need the shut the hell up about it and move on with their lives.

If you buy a car expecting to always get the EPA advertized mileage, I have a bridge in Brooklyn I need to sell to you.
- MFT