Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - Considering My Next Car
View Single Post
Old 12-26-2012, 09:06 PM   #24
CharlieRose
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 86472
What I Drive: 2012 Tuxedo Black Focus SE

FF Reputation: 1 CharlieRose Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by American Henchman View Post
BMW's are cute, but consider the range of the car. 1 series is your entry level BMW. 7 Series is the top of the line, If i were to buy a BMW i would wait till i could afford a 5 series or higher. the 3 series have notorious electrical issues. so with that what the heck is wrong with teh 1 series to make a cheaper model. what did they cut out or reduce to lower the costs? If i were you i would basically equate the 1 series BMW to the Chevy Aveo. Its cute, it has the Badge, but i would not want it sitting in my driveway. especially with the costs of repairs on what are considered higher class imports.
That's rough comparing a 128i to an Aveo. Reviews I've read about the 1-series suggest it is what the 3-series used to be, and what the 3-series should be now--a lighter version of the pigged out 3. I think it's cheaper because it's just physically less car; but I'm sure you're right about cost of ownership being higher than the other cars.