Old 12-26-2012, 06:55 PM   #1
DarderSauce
Focus Addict

Fan#: 95564
What I Drive: '08 Vermillion Red 5 speed SEdan

FF Reputation: 5 DarderSauce Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
Lightbulb Upgrading Footwell/Cupholder Lighting

So I have been throwing an idea around, just putting out a feeler to see if anyone has any additional information before I try to make it work. My focus did not come with cup or foot well lights like the 2009+ SES's but I noticed when I had my center counsel off that I have an unused plugin near the passengers feet. I would take the center counsel out to show you the plugin but it's a whopping 4 degrees out so this is the best I can do. The green square is the area with the plugin

Light by DarderSauce, on Flickr

Just wondering if anyone with factory cup/foot well lighting can tell me where the power supply for the lights comes from? If the plug I am thinking of is the power, all I would need to make the upgrade work is a new info center control switch for the lighting and Traction control, and a center counsel that has the LED's in it. I know there are cheaper ways to do it (installing aftermarket LED's) but I like the way the factory lighting looks.

Let me know what you guys think. As always, helpful information is much appreciated.

Thanks!