Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - Trade-in Value? Looking to trade this week -- Fully loaded Titanium
View Single Post
Old 12-26-2012, 05:40 PM   #23
hotleadsingerguy
Focus Addict

Fan#: 86687
What I Drive: 2012 Black Titanium 5-Door

FF Reputation: 5 hotleadsingerguy Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
I'm not hating Ford because of the resell value. Don't get me wrong, the lack of reliability and customer service *has* driven down the resell value of the car...but I dislike Ford for those reasons, not the symptom of them.

I ended up getting $16k for the car. Traded it in today for a 2013 Accord Sport. Vastly superior car for $3k less than I paid for the Focus (sticker to sticker). The interior feels *solid* and well-made, there are no rattles at all, the infotainment system actually works without issues, and the 6-speed manual is one of the best transmissions I've ever driven...including most race-ready cars. I used to be in the racing world and have driven hundreds of different manual cars...the clutch and transmission in this thing are fantastic and match any of the best cars I've had out.

Either way, it was really great being on this board. I'll still be filing complaints with various agencies about the lack of customer support I received from Ford, but I'm glad to finally be in another stable. Plus, this car looks *good*:

(Focus is in the background covered in snow)