Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - Two parking positions on the front wipers?
View Single Post
Old 12-25-2012, 08:53 PM   #8
exsodius
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 14827
What I Drive: 2002 Silver 1.6 Wagon

Points 7,116, Level 55
Points: 7,116, Level: 55 Points: 7,116, Level: 55 Points: 7,116, Level: 55
Level Up 83% Completed
Level up: 83% Level up: 83% Level up: 83%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 1 exsodius Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Gondorian thank you again!

I have read a lot and found this that shows what happened when my motor burned and my wipers did not pause anymore on intermittent. Also found out that on focus there is one park position and one break position. The brake position is grounding the motor causing it to suddenly stop an makes it impossible to move the motor around. So if you are driving on the highway at fast speed the wipers would coast because of the wind but this motor brake will prevent that. If you look at the pictures you can see the inner park line and the outer brake line. And you can see the park line comes before the brake line on the circle. So i bet you have the same wiper motor as mine. Your wipers stops at the same place but that could be because of the position of the motor crank arm. It makes an illlusion to us that it parks at the same place. It could stop before the bottom at park and after bottom at break, and to us it looks like it stops at the same place LOL! This is my theory anyway. Because my motor crank arm stops with a difference of 1.5 cm / 0.59 inches between these two park/ brake positions on both my old wiper motor and the new one.

Here is a good link to understanding this.

http://www.mcicoach.com/service-supp...serinfo03C.htm