Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - Junk Yard Pickers & Salvage Finds
View Single Post
Old 12-25-2012, 03:30 PM   #84
slickwilly51
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 104989
What I Drive: 2000 Black SE

FF Reputation: 1 slickwilly51 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Here's a horror story. Aquired 2000 SE from my daughter, she said it was POS and went and bought a new car. Wife needed a DD so told me to fix it up good enough for her. New flex pipe, ignition coil, motor mounts, valve cover gasket, new pads in the front, new blower motor and resistor, plus changed all fluids and filters. Two days of detailing, waxing and cleaning. Car runs great! Now on to the horror. One boyfriend sat on the hood and bent it, also hit an owl and broke front bumper cover, another DA boyfriend backed into something and broke tailight and bent trunklid. Went to the local pullapart place just to check and see if they had anything to get parts from. Didn't take tools was just checking. They had a black 2000 with all the parts I needed, in great shape, simple bolt on. Went back 3 days later with tools and they had crushed over 70 cars, guess what was one of them, said scrap was gonna go sky high. Just shows ya gotta jump on it if its there. Oh, owner said " They're disposable cars, wanna sell yours?"