View Single Post
Old 12-25-2012, 03:41 AM   #15
S0C0nFused
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 39405
What I Drive: 2007 TorD-Red ZX5 SES

FF Reputation: 77 S0C0nFused Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Well, if your just getting started in 'hobby electronics", there are 3 phases or steps.
1: Circuit design
2: Circuit layout
3: Circuit board creation
Each is a 'hobby' (if you will) unto itself. Circuit board creation however is by far the 'expensive' part if you don't already have the tools. It involves cutting, physical layout and etching. then precision drilling. You can have your circuit boards done by any of the numerous businesses offering these services, but you will soon find out that it is only cost effective for large orders. Hence, it pays to do the 3 steps yourself. The creation of an effective LED light assembly is the easy/cheap part. Hence why I stressed that you insure you have this worked out satisfactorily before proceeding with anything else. I am not intending to 'pee on the parade' as being able to design and build you own circuit boards is very personally rewarding (well, at least for me anyway). I just wanted to give you a heads-up so you will not get half way through and become disillusioned. If you design/build things properly, they will last decades without fail.
Last of the Hatches #28