Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - My '12 SE Picture/Project Thread
View Single Post
Old 12-24-2012, 06:37 PM   #517
Twenty
Sonic's Mk3 Crew #17

Fan#: 90312
What I Drive: 2012 YB SE sedan w/ ST exterior

Points 20,711, Level 90
Points: 20,711, Level: 90 Points: 20,711, Level: 90 Points: 20,711, Level: 90
Level Up 73% Completed
Level up: 73% Level up: 73% Level up: 73%
Forum Activity 4%
Activity: 4% Activity: 4% Activity: 4%
FF Reputation: 9 Twenty Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
Alcantara shift boot:

This is something I've wanted to address for a while, but only finally had the chance to.

Having the Sport seats in my Focus, there's plenty of nice silver accent stitching in the interior. It runs all over those seats but doesn't continue to the rest of the cabin. I wanted to tie in other parts of the interior by using matching stitching, and the shift boot was one of those parts. I was prepared to restitch the original but then I saw that Redlinegoods had a pattern for the Mk3s so I placed an order.

I also took this as an opportunity to change to a different material for the boot. Since some Ford models like the new Taurus SHO have Alcantara accents, that's what I opted for; genuine black Alcantara.

It was a bit of a gamble to specify the stitching colour with only a photo on their website to estimate a match, but I feel it worked out pretty well. All together I think it'll be a nice OEM-inspired update.

Since it's now Christmas break for a couple of days hopefully I can find the time to take the old boot out and switch over to the new one.

SR #74/SMk3C #17/YBOC #03
Bill M.