Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - How to turn off traction control? S model
View Single Post
Old 12-24-2012, 04:27 AM   #57
Supramk3
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 96347
What I Drive: 2012 Ingot Silver S 31.01.2012 BD

FF Reputation: 3 Supramk3 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
I would like to chime in on this, being as I live in north idaho and I have an S model with a 5spd. I installed 205/65R15 studded snow tires and the last couple of weeks have been horrible with snow and ice. The traction control on this car is absolutely overly aggressive and downright annoying. it actually causes me to become stuck constantly unless i stay in 1st gear where i can somewhat keep the rpms up. who wants to drive around at 5mph!!!! Ford has fallen on its face and dropped the balls with several things on this car, and this is definitely one of them. I will be trading this car in, in a few years when I can actually do so with a finance company not requiring a high interest rate n high payment. I love this car and the mpgs. but for me its too small, and the too many things I just can not stand.