Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - Zetec rebuild questions
View Single Post
Old 12-23-2012, 04:08 PM   #32
gun_runner
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 91693
What I Drive: 2000, Dirt Metallic, Kona ZX3

Points 1,860, Level 25
Points: 1,860, Level: 25 Points: 1,860, Level: 25 Points: 1,860, Level: 25
Level Up 60% Completed
Level up: 60% Level up: 60% Level up: 60%
Forum Activity 2%
Activity: 2% Activity: 2% Activity: 2%
FF Reputation: 1 gun_runner Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by iminhell View Post
Not in it for reliability I take it?
obviously you know nothing about the dodge Turbo II drivetrain...

Let me just list a few specs here.... and just an fyi, shelby used these motors for the late 80's Shelby dodge cars

-Forged crank proven up to just under 1000 hp
-Forged rods proven to over 600 hp
-Mahle pistons capable of 300 hp reliably
-Stephane Beauregard ran 8.9 in the pro fwd class on the single cam 8v head
-you can do a hybrid head setup from a neon 2.0 and make 325hp to the wheels with 15 lbs boost and a 3 inch exhaust... everything else totally stock.

My dad daily drives an 85 dodge omni with a 2.5 single cam motor that puts 394 hp, 423tq to the wheels at 25lbs of boost, and runs 11.3 on the 1/4 mile with tons of wheel spin because he refuses to go with a bigger slick so he can keep the big brakes. Oh, and it has full interior, a/c, and cruise control. To smog it, he puts the cat back on, and it smogs like a new car... usually at about 5%-10% of the allowable emissions.

All of the work except for boring the block .020 over, and regrinding the rod ends for bigger pins, is dont by him. Tuning, porting, valve seat grinding... he even rebuilds his own turbo, which is a $100 ebay turbo that he machined and put garrett internals into. The factory computer is fully programmable if you socket the eprom on the board. Feel free to come by the house any time, and we'll give you a ride in it. I'ts a hoot.

Oh, and it has had easily 200 passes on it since last rebuild.. maybe more...