Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - Turn off traction control for as long as you want?
View Single Post
Old 12-23-2012, 12:12 PM   #16
MetalMuffins
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 107135
What I Drive: 2013 Tuxedo Black Focus SE Hatch

Points 504, Level 10
Points: 504, Level: 10 Points: 504, Level: 10 Points: 504, Level: 10
Level Up 8% Completed
Level up: 8% Level up: 8% Level up: 8%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 3 MetalMuffins Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
I was looking at another thread on this same issue. http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/s...=275688&page=6

Someone on there had a great idea of wiring a switch with an inline 5A fuse into the F19 under the hood. I was in the garage late last night looking at this, and it seems fairly easy to do. All you would need is a single pair of wires running into the cabin with an inline fuse holder and a simple on / off switch.

This way, you could easily disconnect the circuit while in the car, and turn it back on again without issue. And because you are not splicing into the system, only plugging an extension into the fuse box, it would be easy to remove and revert to stock with no one the wiser.