Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - 2012 HID Thread (Info Only No Arguing)
View Single Post
Old 12-23-2012, 10:16 AM   #322
Bwill9886
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 93444
What I Drive: 2013 Rallye Red Civic Si

FF Reputation: 2 Bwill9886 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (6)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ox-y-GenIII View Post
Ok, I'm going to post pictures of what I have right now. Can someone guide me as to where to plug everything in and such? I have installed other kits on older vehicles that didn't need a harness (just plug and play), this is a little confusing.

Also where do I connect the ballasts themselves? to the headlight power supply or later in the chain? Thanks ahead of time, if I can get a good description I will try to install these again tomorrow. I don't work til Wednesday so I'd like to try.
Don't know if you have checked out my youtube video or some of the pictures Fraychild put up (both are a few pages back), but you might find some of that useful. You have also seen the retro-solutions diagram, yes?

To answer your last question, the ballasts will get their power from the relay harness. There should be two male connections (and one should be quite long, as it will connect to the passenger side) for each ballast.