Focus Fanatics - View Single Post - Turn off traction control for as long as you want?
View Single Post
Old 12-22-2012, 01:54 PM   #15
mustang0
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 96079
What I Drive: 2012 Blue Candy SE HB Sport Package

FF Reputation: 1 mustang0 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Luggage compartment fuse F19 in my manual says it's not used. Engine compartment says it's ABS/ESP. I know these electronic nannys do wonders for keeping people out of trouble, but us older people didn't have this stuff and had to learn how to drive without them good or bad. Now I personally would like to be able to shut off the controls because if I decide to autocross, not in parking lot on a real race track it could cause problems with the brakes getting to hot from the ESP trying to control the car. Also on the street in certain conditions I have felt coming out of corners hard, power being noticable down like the brake was being applied on inside corner, it's kind of a killjoy if ya know what I mean. ABS is ok but still not optimal because when I used to race we were taught threshold braking and if done right you will be able to do better than 99% of ABS sysems out there. Just my 2cents.
65 Racestang 96 Mustang 2012 Focus SE HB Sport Pac 5 speed man. NewMission Cold Air, lunchbox Delete,Custom 3" Magnaflow exhaust, Steeda Rear Sway Bar, Steeda STS,Axis wheels, Blox shift knob,Focus elecrtic RMM, Injected 93 Tune V1 176HP 152Torque