Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - SVT not starting NEED help!
View Single Post
Old 12-22-2012, 02:34 PM   #8
GBPackFan
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 84314
What I Drive: 2004 Sonic Blue SVT

Points 1,745, Level 24
Points: 1,745, Level: 24 Points: 1,745, Level: 24 Points: 1,745, Level: 24
Level Up 45% Completed
Level up: 45% Level up: 45% Level up: 45%
Forum Activity 1%
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%
FF Reputation: 3 GBPackFan Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (8)
I have been experience this as well. I thought it had to due with my month long vacation, and leaving the car there for so long; but my step dad told me that he had taken my battery out and put it in the garage to keep the battery temp more stable. I put the battery back in, and i damn near didn't start. I really had to crank it hard, maybe 4-5 times. I floored the gas on third attempt to try to run the "clean out" and it still had a real hard time starting. It would turn over no problem, but it would never rotate fast enough or provide enough juice to kick off the plugs. It would try to start once or twice, and right before I give up and head for our portable battery charger it would fire off. It would reek of gas for at least 20-30 seconds, presumably the unburnt fuel from trying to start it so many times.

It does this on a regular basis at the moment, unless I start the car every day. I live in the Pac-NW and the temps here have been in the high 30's to high 20's. I have a brand new re-man Motorcraft alternator and an relatively new Optima Yellow top. I also have a sct flash tune, but not from Tom.

Garaging is kinda out of the picture for me. while we have an extra garage bay, my mom has all her sewing and crafting junk there in big Rubbermaid containers. She is really anal about me moving it too.
Current love affair: 2004 SVTF #953 (Josephina - pronounced hoe-se-fin-a)
RIP: 2002 SVTF #2358, Sent to graveyard on June 11, 2013. I will always remember the good times we had!!
This car made my hair go gray, and did not care.