View Single Post
Old 12-22-2012, 07:53 AM   #4
anarchy0392
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 102873
What I Drive: 2002, Silver, SE

FF Reputation: 2 anarchy0392 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (9)
First off let me thank the both of you for you input its helping me kinda puzzle this together.

Tom : The pistons you said are the ones I plan on getting. I want to find a used or cheap focus central 65mm throttle body I hear they are really touchy :). And at least for now i shouldn't worry about adjustable cams until just about everything is done. What about cams should I get like stage 2 or street ones or can stock handle that power. As for the ATX I thought that would be the one so it can stay spooled. Will the stock ATX hold under high boost at least until I get the money for the fancy one. And finally how much are your tuners going for now?

focusmaniac : So both you an Tom are saying stock head gasket I swear working on a focus is a pain in the ass but their parts are so strong they last a long time before they need replacement and they can handle high boot 0_0. I might look into the fuel thing do you have any links or vids offhand before I start looking around? Now LSD's do they make them for ATX's cause I'm leaning closer to that. And I looked for that intake and holy shit it was 550 USD I guess power has a price lol >_<. What does porting the intake involve I've seen people talk about it and they use the 2000 one why? Yah I'll probably be asking a bit more over the next few weeks or so cause I'd just like it not to sound and look like a ricer cause there are so many of them at my college I'd like to smoke them all most are running 220whp. As for suspension I have Eibach lowering kit and their sway bars and bushing kit, also I have the inserts for the lower mount an I plan on getting the other 2 mounts as well.

I've owned two cars a 2000 focus se dark red and now a 2002 focus se silver they are such beautiful cars I'm glad it was my first car.