Focus Fanatics - View Single Post - SVT owners: Post reviews of your Tune!
View Single Post
Old 02-25-2005, 01:25 PM   #14
wescb
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 18940
What I Drive: SVT Focus, 2004

FF Reputation: 1 wescb Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
1. Hypnotic (Wayne Foy) www.hypillauto.com
2. SCT Xcalibrator
3. $345
4. A Week
5. My install did not go as well as planned. A bad Xcalibrator led to my car becoming lobotomized. Freaked out a bit, I called Wayne who calmly walked me through a few other things to try (none of which worked). Now keep in mind this was at 11pm on a Friday night, Wayne lives three hours north of me, he offers to drive down right then and check it out.

At 2am, he discovers the bad Xcalibrator, takes it with him back home and brings me a new one the next afternoon, solving all my problems. To summarize, Wayne spent about 12 hours out of an 18 hour period on the road because of a freak problem for which he was in no way responsible, to fix my SVT on a weekend. If that doesn't show how far he'll go to guarantee the tune, I don't know what will.

Now that we've covered the install :-) The tune is great, much better low end power, the improvement is far more than the dyno would lead you to believe (butt dyno excluded). The little problems I had, the surging, the flickering of the odometer, lack of power at certain points during acceleration and the pop in the exhaust note at high RPMs were all solved by the tune. I even experienced an added benefit, I'm getting about 3-4 more miles to the gallon while driving the car much harder than before the tune. Drivability is improved several times over, wish the car had come from the factory like this. I don't have T/C so I cannot say as far as that is concerned.

6. Like everyone else has said, Wayne is crazy good (see above). He went way beyond my expectations to take care of my problem. Highly recommended.

7. No dyno