Old 12-21-2012, 05:31 PM   #7
focusmaniaczx3
I need BOOOOST!!!!!!

Fan#: 55157
What I Drive: zx3 turbo, kia soul, 71 chevy c/10

FF Reputation: 35 focusmaniaczx3 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (14)
ebay, CFM, massive, top speed, etc.

just my opinion, i think you would be better off to replace the entire mount rather than just the bushings but that is just me.

i have all 3 VF engineering polyurethane motor mounts and i dont think the vibration is bad at all. the only time i notice it is if i drop my idle speed down to under 900rpm then the whole car vibrates but only at idle and very low revs while driving. under 2000 rpm i can feel engine vibration in the steering wheel some. in the winter i will raise my idle to about 1300 so it warms up faster on cold mornings and at that rpm the vibration is undetectable to me.

its a trade off. you sacrifice comfort for longevity and performance. the poly will last longer and stand up way better to spirited driving as well as helping the performance of the car. ive had mine for about 4-5 years and have not had a problem yet. i cannot speak for certain about any poly inserts for stock mounts. i just cannot imagine that ending well.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1turbofocus
I love this big little city HOOTERS !
Every time you drink a beer somewhere an ugly woman becomes beautiful, so get to it!