Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - Ok Listen up....
View Single Post
Old 12-20-2012, 10:10 PM   #15
Incognito27
Focus Addict

Fan#: 34939
What I Drive: 2003 Ford Focus ZX5 Premium - White

FF Reputation: 3 Incognito27 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oblivion View Post
Being a prick isn't rocket science either. Nor is trying to explain something yourself when there's a better source.

@OP: He's saying to remove the EGR valve from circulation.
In other words, follow this simple guide (this is for the DPFE sensor; The EGR valve is the large silver disc; Same concept):
- http://www.focushacks.com/mod/DPFE_S...GR_Information

If it's a vacuum leak: You can also use an open source of fuel (propane lighter, gas container with vapors escaping, etc).
If you pass over a vacuum, and it sucks it into the engine, you'll hear the engine rev up.

If you're going to try and remove the EGR valve from circulation, you might as well try to remove the DPFE sensor from circulation as well.
From everything I've read, there's a very little performance gain from it, at the cost of fuel (MPG). With one method, you have to deal with staring at the MIL.

Thanks , tomorrow i will try blocking the egr hose and see if it makes a difference in the driving . Someone also mentioned to check the hose that goes to the back of the intake manifold to see if it has collapsed . ALthough appaerintly the hose clamp from factory is a pain to deal with. will try and look at that tomorrow.