Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - Ok Listen up....
View Single Post
Old 12-20-2012, 10:03 PM   #14
Oblivion
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 92148
What I Drive: 2001 Blue ZX3

FF Reputation: 3 Oblivion Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by amc49 View Post
It's not rocket science.

Take vacuum hose off the EGR valve itself and plug the hose. Now EGR does not work at all so it can't mess up your stuff. The valve must be capable of fully closing though or you have a vacuum leak.
Being a prick isn't rocket science either. Nor is trying to explain something yourself when there's a better source.

@OP: He's saying to remove the EGR valve from circulation.
In other words, follow this simple guide (this is for the DPFE sensor; The EGR valve is the large silver disc; Same concept):
- http://www.focushacks.com/mod/DPFE_S...GR_Information

If it's a vacuum leak: You can also use an open source of fuel (propane lighter, gas container with vapors escaping, etc).
If you pass over a vacuum, and it sucks it into the engine, you'll hear the engine rev up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Incognito27 View Post
its all good , i am just pulling my hair out trying to figure this out. I will try the EGR hose thing on it and see if it makes a difference. ill use a golf tee to clog it and tape and give it a drive. to see if it makes a difference.
If you're going to try and remove the EGR valve from circulation, you might as well try to remove the DPFE sensor from circulation as well.
From everything I've read, there's a very little performance gain from it, at the cost of fuel (MPG). With one method, you have to deal with staring at the MIL.