Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - satellite antenna mount location?
View Single Post
Old 12-20-2012, 05:17 PM   #9
CCM302
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 106410
What I Drive: 2002 SVTF

Points 860, Level 15
Points: 860, Level: 15 Points: 860, Level: 15 Points: 860, Level: 15
Level Up 60% Completed
Level up: 60% Level up: 60% Level up: 60%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 1 CCM302 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kipp View Post
you can mount it pretty much anywhere you want to as long as it has clear line of sight. they origonally needed to go in the back of the roof as in the pic above, but new ones don't matter. i used to install these all the time at best buy and we did most of them above the front windshield and ran the wire down the trim and through the door boot. if you're doing it on your mustang then you can always put it on the trunk lid and just wrap it around the edge and zip tie it to the wires underneath the lid.
I'm actually uninstalling it from the GT and installing it on the SVTF. I have bigger and better plans for the GT.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FocusedSlayer View Post
I've got mine right in the middle of the top back and then the wire run around the edge of the glass and taped in place with double sided 3m tape and then it goes into the trunk area then up to the front right kick panel where I have the small receiver at.

I'm the 1 on the right
Yea, that's pretty much what I did on my GT. Was just looking to not run so much wire. I'll probably just run it to the front left corner and leave it like that.

Thanks guys.