dan50
Focus Addict

Fan#: 91789
What I Drive: 2012 SEL White Platinum 5 Dr 302A

FF Reputation: 11 dan50 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SportyChick View Post
My car has been at the dealership for nearly 2 weeks, the clutches are being replaced (TSB 11-12-13). I've owned this car for over 2 months and it has been at the dealership 4 times now. It has spent more time it seems on Ford property than my own property/driveway. I'm supposed to get it back today.

I called the Ford sales department yesterday and told them that I wanted to sell the car back to them/Ford. Told them to go have a look at it since it was there and let me know how much they would give me. I meet them this afternoon when I pick the car up to discuss numbers.

I've lost all patience with this car, first time I've ever had buyer's remorse. Had I known like revhigh said in another thread to another member all this crap about the Focus, I never would have bought it, my fault. I used to love the look of the car and the lay out and all it's features, it made it bearable to deal with it. But now, the issues have gone on too long and I look at the car and want to kick it or drive it into a wall, it's now "ugly".

I pass other Focus owners on the road and feel sorry for them and wonder if they are experiencing the DCT issues. I want to stop them and ask and if they say yes, than hold them and hug them and be each other's support or take bats to our cars....... Sorry, that was crazy Focus talk, I'll stop now.

Anyway, I'm bailing, I can't take this car anymore. I loved my 1998 Ford F150, it was a damn good truck that just wouldn't die and had nearly 400,000kms on it when I sold it to a peach farmer. I miss that truck......
These things are fixable. You may want to see how the new clutches work before you pull the plug. If all of your problems have been DCT-related, new clutches could make everything right again.