Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - 2012 HID Thread (Info Only No Arguing)
View Single Post
Old 12-20-2012, 05:52 AM   #314
Bwill9886
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 93444
What I Drive: 2013 Rallye Red Civic Si

FF Reputation: 2 Bwill9886 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (6)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ox-y-GenIII View Post
So you still need resistors with the Morimoto can-bus relay error cancelers? Or are they completely plug and play ready to go?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ox-y-GenIII View Post
And is anything needed with 55w ballasts compared to 35w? I have 35w in my house but gave up on the install.

I don't plan on buying 55w ones but if I did, do I still need the can bus error canceller?
It's been mentioned a couple times here that the can-bus cancellers will not work. Don't get them. The resistors, a relay harness, and the actual HID kit are all you need.

With the 55w ballasts, you should get everything I just mentioned above.

There is at least one person in this thread claiming resistors are not needed for the 55w ballasts, but a few others calling BS. I haven't tried a 55w setup so I can't verify one way or the other.

However, I will say that since resistors are cheap as hell that you may as well spend the money just in case. No need to stop your install and wait for resistors to ship if you end up needing them.