Focus Fanatics - View Single Post - 2012 HID Thread (Info Only No Arguing)
View Single Post
Old 12-19-2012, 07:46 PM   #311
TitaniumGero
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 88508
What I Drive: 2012 White Platinum Titanium Focus

FF Reputation: 3 TitaniumGero Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slammed_2.0 View Post
You want best HID conversion kit for a good price?

$150 for EVERYTHING.

http://www.theretrofitsource.com/pro...oducts_id=3955

5 YEAR WARRANTY
35w Ballast
Comes with "Can-bus" relays (prevent "bulb out")
They always include a How-to instructions when you order

If you beg the differ then stick to the cheap stuff. I've been using Morimoto equipment for over 4 years and I have NEVER had any of their products fail on me (longest set I've own was 3 years). On my 00 Civic EM1, 04 CT9A Evo, 96 S14 Kouki Silvia, 10 C170 Focus.

You can open your headlight housing with only a heat gun, I will say it will take HOURS to open both sides and clean off all the factory sealant. Easiest way is 300F for only 10 minutes in an oven, Once it gets hard to split open then start using a heat gun.

If you check out the MK2 Focus subforums, I was the first to put up a How-to retrofit your headlights and all my equipment was from TRS.com. Only Morimoto's.

When I end up retrofitting my ST's headlights I will only use Morimoto equipment. From the Relay to the Capsule. With that being said, I'm currently in the process of getting a crappy headlight for only $25 bucks shipped and experimenting with it and see if it is possible to open these up without damaging it. I will have a "how to" write up during my experiment.

Any 35w Ballast will need resistors. You will need 6 Ohm 55w resistors on EACH side. As for the 55w Ballast, you will not need resistors since it's consuming the full 55w as if it was a halogen.
Would you know if this kit would stand up to extreme cold? Right now it's -46C wind chill where I am. I was running a DDM kit until it reached -15C and just gave up on me.