Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - What MPG does your DURATEC Ti-VCT get on the HIGHWAY ONLY ?
View Single Post
Old 12-19-2012, 05:15 AM   #50
Some Guy From NY
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 101517
What I Drive: 2012 SGM Focus SEL sedan DCT

FF Reputation: 3 Some Guy From NY Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by tehgyb View Post
Got 42 on my way home from work last night, 41.8 on the way home tonight. About 37 miles. Had the car about a week and just got my scan gauge calibrated properly so I've only had good numbers the last two days. 40-50 degrees at about 700ft elevation. It's not all highway though, but mostly Lol
Posted this pic in the fuelly thread too... You can see my post there too if you'd like, I posted some info on how I hypermile there

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using FF Mobile
What! 42mpg?

I see you live in Easton Pa...I am back and forth from that area to nyc all the time. Today I will be driving passed easton, Taking I-78 to rt 33 to rt 209. I have had my car almost a year and have made that trip dozens of times, at 65-75mph...and my mileage is horrible. 30-33mpg max.

Which is horrible in my opinion.

The only time I ever got "good" mileage was driving from NY to Rhode Island...at sea level...doing 70-75mph...I got 37mpg.