Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - What MPG does your DURATEC Ti-VCT get on the HIGHWAY ONLY ?
View Single Post
Old 12-18-2012, 11:16 PM   #49
asting
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 98342
What I Drive: 2012, Tux Blk Met Focus 5d Sport

Points 509, Level 10
Points: 509, Level: 10 Points: 509, Level: 10 Points: 509, Level: 10
Level Up 18% Completed
Level up: 18% Level up: 18% Level up: 18%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 1 asting Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Maybe it's my impatience, but I'm not terribly impressed with the gas mileage. The car seems geared towards lower speeds (much lower than the 75-80 I usually do).

I get about 33mpg with 87 oct at the 75-80 assuming there's not heavy traffic. This is in not too hilly areas. Hills kill that pretty quickly.

I know that if i slow down I could probably do much better but I would rather shave time than save a few pennies. The city performance is quite good though. I get damn near 30 with quite a bit of stop and go, and while I don't launch from a stop I don't shift at 2000 and take forever to get up to speed. It's scary to think this thing gets twice the gas mileage as my old '92 camaro did with the same type of driving attitude/acceleration (not when floored, but I drive the same).

I've been really thinking about getting a CAI, and aside from the one post noting poorer performance I was wondering if others experienced that.