PratoN
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 88058
What I Drive: 2012 Kona Blue Ti Hatchback, DCT

FF Reputation: 10 PratoN Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mk2dubvr View Post
Perhaps but any dealer I know doesn't give out copies of tsb's to customers. Put it this way when you log on to Inford the first thing it says is to not share or post any info. Which keeps guys like me employed so that not any run of the mill mechanic can diagnose and fix everything. On the other hand I am more than willing to provide insight and inform others if needed
Pretty much the same thing for other users. I have access to TSBs through work as well, but I don't go around passing out copies to everyone. It's a pretty ubiquitous problem, like the steering rack issue, so everyone already knows the TSB# and what it addresses.

The way I see it is that it is 2012 - with this much technology it's not fair for Joe Schmoe to be told his car is supposed to grind / zig-zag on the highway. They don't post them because then everyone wants a new clutch / steering rack - even if they don't need one. But I've been turned down for a BCM update for intermittent IA issues because the dealer said they couldn't replicate it. I haven't gone back yet, but if I do I'll have to claim it on my extended warranty because I'm at 40k miles.

This morning I pulled/swiped the handle 10 times before giving up and pulling the key out of my pocket.

If someone hadn't posted it on here, I might not know that there is a fix for it. Of course, now I do and have the dissatisfaction of being denied it.