Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - Mirror Turn Signal Swap
View Single Post
Old 12-17-2012, 06:22 PM   #27
mySVT
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 5557
What I Drive: 2013 Ingot Silver ST

Points 2,428, Level 29
Points: 2,428, Level: 29 Points: 2,428, Level: 29 Points: 2,428, Level: 29
Level Up 86% Completed
Level up: 86% Level up: 86% Level up: 86%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 1 mySVT Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Ok, I decided to try this Saturday night and here are my observations.
First off, good write up and the pictures were very helpful.
Now the good news, I replaced my bulbs with some 194 LED wedges I had that I wasn't using. I used some white ones (more blueish than the license plate light) for the puddle lamps, and they look better but are not as bright as the incandescent bulbs, but bright enough to illuminate approach to the car. Not sure if these are the exact LEDs, but they were something like this:
http://www.superbrightleds.com/morei...edge-base/206/
Then for the turn signals, I replaced them with some amber LEDs that were a little bit bigger and brighter, more like these:
http://www.superbrightleds.com/morei...ase-tower/207/
More good news, to answer Touring05's question, they do NOT hyper flash.
All seem to work fine and I am happy with the way they look.
Now for the bad news... I cracked the mirror on the passenger side trying to pull the mirror off of the mount/motor. It is glued to a plastic plate that has the ring of clips that attach to the motor, but the plastic plate will flex and if it flexes too much, the glass will crack! Not sure if there is a trick to pulling it off, I was trying to pull carefully, but it takes a lot of force to get the mirror off. I am hoping to get a replacement mirror from my Ford dealer this week, looks like it should only be $62 but that's a lot to pay for this mod... :(

Be very careful pulling the mirrors off!!!
SVT SQUAD #12 '13 Silver Focus ST3, moonroof
Old: 03 Silver SVT ZX5 #1459/2173, HIDs, Moonroof, Audiophile. Mods: Hawk pads, Waynes Tune, K&N filter
Older: 02 Silver ZX5 Premium, Leather, Moonroof