Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - TSB 12-11-01 Posted Today - MFT v3.5.1
View Single Post
Old 12-17-2012, 12:17 PM   #278
JayDeZ
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 97919
What I Drive: 2014 Honda Accord Sport 6-sp manual

Points 1,466, Level 21
Points: 1,466, Level: 21 Points: 1,466, Level: 21 Points: 1,466, Level: 21
Level Up 66% Completed
Level up: 66% Level up: 66% Level up: 66%
Forum Activity 1%
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%
FF Reputation: 3 JayDeZ Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bd8134 View Post
I just picked up my new ST with navi yesterday. I cannot get text to work on my iPhone with Apple latest updates. I am not successful at get the Check your sync history to work. I used a blank USB stick that loaded the files but when I inserted it into the cars USB it flashed but no files were added or updated that I could see and it complained that no file existed. Is there an idiots guide I can follow, car running etc?
From what syncmyride is saying, I might be running 3.2.2 any other way to check?
I do have an A4 nav sd card.
It works best if you reformat the USB drive to FAT32 before running the installer on syncmyride.com. Once you plug it into the car you need to go to the Install Apps screen and just follow the directions.

Quote:
The texting has never worked with iPhone and MFT though right? So I'm in the same boat as you, and everyone with an iPhone. Unless they recently updated that?
It will work after the update (MFT 3.5.1) for incoming only. After the instal do a master reset. Next delete the pairing from both the MFT and the phone. Do a hard restart on the phone (lock and home button held until you see the apple). Repair. Go the the SYNC profile on your phoen and make sure that "Show Notifications" is set to ON. Hard restart the phone again. Go to the messaging screen and see if it will go into that menu. You can test it by sending yourself a text. You have to be out of the SMS app for the notification to come through to the MFT.

I had to play with mine a bit and play with settings on both MFT and the iphone a bit to get it to work.