Focus Fanatics - View Single Post - DCT / PowerShift Transmission Update TSB Thread
View Single Post
Old 12-17-2012, 08:59 AM   #1712
bravesfan85
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 93882
What I Drive: 2012 SE Hatch

FF Reputation: 1 bravesfan85 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Wanted to post my experience. I did it in another thread but since this is the actual one I should have posted in, I'll add it here.

We started having the shaking issues at or around 14k miles. In fact, it was so bad that the entire car would shake and one time it did so for a few seconds. I've been lurking on this forum reading all the posts and such and get very disappointed if I experience any of the issues in the GIANT threads on here. It's definitely not something I wanna see.

We bought our car from Lithia Ford of Boise, ID and even though our credit wasn't in particularly good shape they worked with us (even an hour past closing time) to get us in the car we needed. I had a 97 Mustang that was takin a dump and we decided that it was time to pick something up that would (hopefully) last longer and that we could do more stuff with. We could have bought used I suppose, but after test driving the Focus we decided to go for it.

We have had it for almost 16 months now. It has been in for the windshield wiper recall, a transmission reprogram, and finally this issue we encountered (besides all the oil changes and regular maintenance). Lithia has been SO good to us and after reading so many horrible experiences on here with different dealers, I wish I could share my luck with the rest of you.

When I took it in, they test drove it and found the shaking and shuddering (I'm sure almost immediately). Called me up and told me that they needed to replace the bell housing and the clutch pack (TSB 11-12-13, like many of you here). Took from Friday morning until Weds morning and we had a rental paid for in that period. Got the car back and damn, it felt like it was new again. I did notice ONE new thing and that I could feel it idling this time at around 800 RPM. Never felt that at all in all the time we've had it.

My wife took it on a road trip up to eastern Washington, even through some nasty snow and it has performed nicely. We're happy with our car again, especially because we have such a good dealership that takes care of us. Hopefully, we wont have anymore issues with the transmission. I'm crossing my fingers. Just wanted to share that with everyone. :)